CENTRAL NEW YORK’S PREMIER INSULATION AND ENERGY AUDIT PROVIDER
Insulation helps protect your Central NY home from the outdoor elements and offers a number of benefits including:
- Lower heating and cooling bills
- Higher indoor comfort
- A quieter home
- A home that wastes less energy and is better for the environment
Energy Savers Inc. offers state-of-the-art insulation replacement and installation services, including spray foam insulation and GreenFiber cellulose insulation, near you in Central New York.
ENERGY SAVERS GREENFIBER CELLULOSE INSULATION
Cellulose insulation is an environmentally friendly material produced from recycled newsprint that can be blown into attics or dense packed in wall cavities and floor assemblies. Dense packed cellulose completely fills cavities, eliminating gaps, voids, and compressions. Energy Savers GreenFiber insulation maximizes thermal resistance, minimizes air infiltration, and installs to its stated R-value.
GreenFiber insulation doesn’t just help maintain comfortable indoor temperatures. It also has excellent soundproofing qualities as well, making it a great insulation choice for homes near a noisy roadway or airport. It can also significantly improve a structure’s fire resistance.
AFTER GREENFIBER INSULATION upgrades, HOMEOWNERS NOTICE:
- They have greater peace of mind, knowing their home is safer. GreenFiber is Class 1/A fire rated and is up to 57% more fire-resistant than fiberglass insulation. It is also only installed by our certified insulation installers, giving you peace of mind knowing that the job will be done right the first time.
- When they use GreenFiber as home and attic insulation, Central NY homes stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. Our blown in insulation, also known as loose-fill insulation, can be blown over your existing insulation; no fitting or cutting is required.
- They save money on heating and cooling bills every month. GreenFiber is capable of achieving any R-value. The thicker it is applied, the more R-value is attained, saving you money!
- Enjoy greater peace and quiet. All it takes is proper home insulation! Installation is easy with the services of the expert insulation installers at Energy Savers Inc. There is no better time to boost your home’s efficiency through GreenFiber’s blown-in insulation. Central NY area residents can call us today to learn more about this great product or to schedule a consultation.
SPRAY FOAM INSULATION
Spray foam insulation is another insulation material that Energy Savers often uses in homes. Spray foam insulation is a mixture of chemicals that is—as the name suggests—spray-applied to walls, basements and crawl spaces, and attics. Spray foam is very effective at filling cavities and providing comprehensive protection for your home.
Spray foam has a very high R-value (this is a way of measuring an insulation’s effectiveness), and comes in two main types: open cell and closed cell. One of the biggest advantages of spray foam insulation is that it works both as insulation and as an air sealant.
HOMEOWNER CHECKLIST FOR AN ENERGY-EFFICIENT HOME
No matter what season it is, proper insulation will benefit your home. Here are some simple and easy steps you can take throughout the year in order to conserve energy, lower heating and cooling costs, and stay comfortable:
- Have a home energy audit or heat loss report performed, either by yourself or by a professional. This will give you an idea of where heat and air are entering and exiting your home.
- Insulate spaces such as crawl spaces and attics that are now easily insulated – these are hotspots for energy loss.
- Replace air filters in your heating and cooling systems every 60 days that each system is running to improve both indoor air quality and the energy efficiency of your system.
- Hire a technician to clean and inspect your furnace, air conditioner, or heat pump to help ensure it is working as efficiently as possible.
- Insulate the first 6 feet of your water heater’s hot water pipe to keep water hotter for longer and reduce your water heating costs. Foam insulation tubes are inexpensive and easy to install.
- Seal all forced air ductwork joints and seams with specialized duct tape to prevent conditioned air from leaking out before it ever reaches your home’s living spaces.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent lightbulbs (CFLs) or Light Emitting Diode bulbs (LEDs) to save up to 40% on home lighting costs.
- Replace existing door bottoms and thresholds with ones that have pliable sealing gaskets to prevent conditioned air from leaking out underneath the doors.
- Install entry door weather stripping to prevent unwanted heat loss and gain through gaps between doors and door frames.
- Wash your clothes in cold water—this can save you $1.07 per load in water heating energy.
- Upgrade to new ENERGY STAR appliances—they use 50% less energy and will save you money.
- Upgrade to ENERGY STAR-rated windows. Windows are the worst heat loss offenders in your home.
- Close the fireplace damper when not using your fireplace.
- Caulk windows, doors, and siding, which are primary sources of energy loss.
Weatherizing a home is extremely important to energy savings. When performed properly, these and other easy weatherization steps can save a household an estimated 40% of their cold weather energy use. To learn more about your home’s heat loss and how to fix it call us today at Energy Savers Inc.
Qualify for Rebates, Grants, and Incentives That Make New Insulation Affordable
Income-eligible homeowners in Central New York can qualify for discounts or even free home upgrades including home energy audits and insulation through energy-efficiency programs including Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® and EmPower New York. Not sure if you qualify? Talk to the team at Energy Savers today and learn more about incentives and grants for our home improvement services.