CENTRAL NEW YORK’S PREMIER INSULATION AND ENERGY AUDIT PROVIDER
Located in Central NY, Energy Savers Inc. is all about bringing your home up to speed on efficiency, through new windows and state-of-the-art insulation. Syracuse, NY area residents notice a significant difference with GreenFiber.
It is an environmentally friendly material produced from recycled newsprint and is blown into attics, and spray-applied in wall cavities and floor assemblies. Spray-applied GreenFiber completely fills cavities and eliminates gaps, voids, or compressions. And, because the material is in contact with the air/pressure barrier, GreenFiber maximizes thermal resistance, minimizes air infiltration, and installs to its stated R-value.
GreenFiber insulation doesn’t just help maintain temperature. It is also an excellent soundproofing treatment as well, effective for use in applications such as insulating homes near a noisy roadway or airport. It can also significantly improve a structure’s fire resistance; many of GreenFiber’s fire-resistant designs are UL-approved.
AFTER GREENFIBER INSULATION INSTALLATION, HOMEOWNERS NOTICED:
- They have greater peace of mind, knowing their home is safer. GreenFiber is Class 1/A fire rated and is up to 57% more fire resistant than fiberglass insulation. It is also only installed by our certified insulation installers, giving you peace of mind from knowing that the job will be done right the first time.
- When they use GreenFiber as home and attic insulation, Central NY homes stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. Our blown in insulation, also known as loose-fill insulation, can be blown over your existing insulation; no fitting or cutting is required.
- They save money on heating and cooling bills every month. GreenFiber is capable of achieving any R-value. The thicker it is applied, the more R-value is attained, saving you money!
- Enjoy greater peace and quiet. All it takes is proper home insulation! Installation is easy with the services of the expert insulation installers at Energy Savers Inc. There is no better time to boost your home’s efficiency through GreenFiber’s blown-in insulation. Central NY area residents can call us today to learn more about this great product or to schedule a consultation.
homeowner prep checklist for cold winter weather
Winter is here and, along with it, comes it’s cold temperatures. Luckily there are a number of simple and easy steps that you can take now in order to help conserve energy and keep warm this winter.
- Have a home energy audit or heat loss report performed, either by yourself or by a professional. This will give you an idea of where heat, and how much of it is escaping your home.
- Insulate spaces such as crawl spaces and attics that are now easily insulated – these are hotspots for heat loss. Standard fiberglass batt insulation is effective and installs easily. Other insulation products are dense pack blown in cellulose, expandable spray foam for holes and cracks, and rigid foam board in various sizes.
- Replace air filters in your heating system every 60 days to improve both indoor air quality and the energy efficiently of your system.
- Hire a technician to clean and inspect you furnace or heat pump to help insure that it is working at full efficiently.
- Insulate the first 6 feet of your water heater’s hot water pipe to keep water hotter for longer. Foam insulation tubes are inexpensive and easy to install.
- Seal all forced air duct joints and seams with specialized duct tape to prevent warm air from leaking out before it ever reaches your rooms.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact florescent lightbulbs (CFL’s) or Light Emitting Diode bulbs (LED’s) to save up to 40% of home lighting energy used.
- Replacing existing door bottoms and thresholds with ones that have pliable sealing gaskets is a great way to eliminate conditioned air leaking out from underneath the doors.
- Install entry door weather stripping to prevent heat loss in gaps between doors and door frames.
- Washing your clothes in cold water will save you $1.07 per load in water heating energy.
- Buying new Energy Star appliances will save you money because they use 50% less energy.
- Install storm windows and doors or consider upgrading to energy star rated windows. Windows are the worst heat loss offenders in your home.
- Close the fireplace damper when not using fireplace.
- Caulk windows, doors and siding. primary sources of heat loss.
Weatherizing a home is extremely important to energy savings. When performed properly, these and other easy weatherization steps can save a household an estimated 40% of their cold weather energy use. to learn more about your home’s heat loss and how to fix it call us today at Energy Savers Inc.